Michael Johnson is an ambitious footballer and coach, which has been demonstrated throughout his playing and coaching career. He is fully aware of the modern demands of a football manager or coach, which is why he is well-versed in dealing with all stakeholders of a football club, including directors, players, staff, supporters and the media.
Michael’s philosophy is to encourage good attacking football, whilst retaining possession of the ball.
He is a strong believer in keeping the ball on the ground and work to create a team of players who show plenty of passion and determination. He is very big on fitness and discipline, as well as one-to-one skills with manager/coach to player, which is something he is skilled in, as he believes that this is the best way to engage players.
• Level 1 & 2 coaching certificate (1990/1995)
• UEFA ‘B’ Licence (Feb 2009)
• UEFA ‘A’ Licence (May 2010)
• Recently applied to Warwick University for the
‘Certificate of Applied Management for Football’ course
• UEFA Pro Licence (June 2012)
• All qualifications accredited with the English FA