Godfrey Torto will be joining our annual ‘Get ahead in law’ seminar on Saturday 29th June at Birkbeck, University of London.
Godfrey K Torto, the PR Man and Football Agent, has worked with some of the biggest names in football; Frank Lampard and Carlton Cole to name a few.
- Godfrey joined Chelsea FC by the age of 12, playing through the schoolboy and youth team alongside the likes of current Chelsea and England Captain John Terry , Bristol City FC midfielder Captain Jody Morris and many other future stars.
- This was also in the era of Glen Hoddle managing the first team. Godfrey managed to play alongside footballing greats such as Ruud Gullit and Mark Hughes in practice games.
- With his aspiration of becoming a top-flight, professional player; this led him to playing at other teams such as Southend United which was managed by Liverpool FC legend Ronnie Whelan.
Football Related Public Relations (PR) & Events Management
- From an early age Godfrey took an interest in Public Relations and Event Management. To date he has successfully organised a range of football related fund-raising events.
- For one of his first pivotal events which, was for Hounslow Borough TASC – Sickle Cell Society (this was also in conjunction with his 25th birthday); he managed to secure items such as a signed Wayne Rooney shirt, Arsenal FC and Chelsea FC signed team shirts which contributed to raising £3k on the evening, Godfrey has since gone on to raise up 10,000GBP for the charity.
- His flair and enthusiasm for PR and events management caught the eye of well known personalities such as singing and performing artist Patti Boulaye. She invited him to partake in co-coordinating the Football Reaching for Africa event in 2007 at The Royal Albert Hall in aid of Charity – http://www.supportforafrica.org
- At this event Godfrey worked with names e.g. Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.
- Later in 2007, he joined Celebrity PR Company Full Portion Media who looked after former Crystal Palace Chairmen Simon Jordan and Celebrity Chef Christophe Novelli. His time there saw saw him bring in names such as Nigel Reo-Coker and Damien Francis.
- It was at this time that Godfrey registered Ask Godders Management Ltd and a not-for-profit organisation called Give an Event.
- Since its inception in 2008; Ask Godders has gone from strength to strength offering clients’ brokerage, PR and management services.
Notable /projects include:
o Frank Lampard Gold iPod launch in Harrods, December 2009 – over £15,000 raised for The Teenage Cancer Trust http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6KTwpu_LFg&feature=related.
Christmas 2008 ‘The Christmas Toy Ball’ was founded http://www.thetoyball.co.uk/ and attended by Premier League players.
o The Bobby Moore Fund 2010 World Cup Gold Signature iPod launch at Harrods with Stephanie Moore; Ask Godders co- organised this with Sol Campbell and Carlton Cole supporting as guests http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jieZMR2ddnM.
o Supported the ABC Ball for SOS Children’s Charity, December 2010 organised by the wives and partners of Cesc Fabregas, Robin Van Persie and Thomas Vermaelen. Godfrey organised many of the auction prizes including a Gold plated iPod autographed by Cesc, Robin and Thomas.
o Collaborated with HMP & YOI Reading on the ‘Celebrating Success’ event in November 2011. Godfrey brought in ex-player and BBC pundit Mark Bright, and also one of his aspiring Reading FC players, Charlie Losasso. This event was in recognition of the young offenders achieving their Princes Trust Awards where Godfrey and Mark delivered inspirational speeches.
Dream Team – Sky One – Goal (Bollywood version) – Nike Advert – London Tonight – Ben TV – OHTV – The Voice – Urban Jazz Radio – VOX Africa
- Godfrey works as a player’s agent for http://www.seginternational.com which is a large European Sports and Entertainment Agency.
- The Agency represents many high profile players with Robin Van Persie and Thomas Vermaelen to name a few.
- He heads up the UK Football arm of the Agency by representing players. His focus is to build relationships withtop, young talent and work with them for the next 10 years or more.
- Godfrey’s experience within the football industry serves him well in his position as a Football Agent.
- He uses his experiences as a young teenager to help guide his players. Moreover his skills in PR/ commercialdeals give all of his clients an edge.