Obi James will be joining our ‘Let’s Talk Business’ masterclass at the Stephen Lawrence Centre on Thursday 15th October 2013.
Obi is an Executive Coach, Facilitator and Talent Development Consultant with over 10 years’ experience of helping individuals, teams and organisations to create positive and sustainable change.
Her background is in large financial service organisations such as Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, Deloitte and Northern Trust where her roles have evolved from recruitment to development and now coaching, through which she is able to provide an even deeper, scalable and more robust approach to driving sustainable change and performance.
As Director of OBJ Coaching, Obi’s focus is on helping ambitious, talented and high potential individuals and teams to grow by expanding their creative and strategic thinking, exploring limitations, and courageously challenging their thinking and approach. Obi also works as a Senior Talent Development Consultant for Northern Trust, consulting with business partners to translate business requirements into learning and organisation development strategy.
Trained by Coaches Training Institute (CTI), the ICF-accredited world’s leading coaching training school and Center for Right Relationships (CRR Global), the only ICF-accredited relationship systems-based training for coaches, Obi blends her coaching with an extensive range of highly effective development tools/techniques designed to maximize your coaching journey. She is also a fully qualified PDI Feedback Practitioner and a Certified Practitioner of the TriMetrix family of assessments which she employs to measure Behaviors (DISC), Values (Motivators) and Acumen (Skill/Potential). Obi is also a member of the ICF and adhere to its Code of Ethics.
Obi is a Physiology graduate from University College London (UCL). At UCL, she fell in love with neuroplasticity, the ability of the brain to rewire itself to form new habits and keenly follows research that shows the proven effects of coaching on neuroplasticity. She currently lives in London with her husband and two daughters, and has travelled extensively across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
RELEVANT HISTORY & QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional Co-Active Coach – Coaches Training Institute (CTI)
- Organizational & Relationship Systems Coach – CRR Global Coaching School
- Learning & Development Consultant – Morgan Stanley, Bank of America & Northern Trust
- Agency & In-house Recruiter – Hays Accountancy Personnel, Deloitte & Morgan Stanley
- Volunteer Career Development Coach – Career Development Group (CDG)
- Volunteer Mentor for ‘Women in Business’ – Aspire Foundation
- Certified Practitioner – full range of TriMetrix family of assessments: Behaviors (DISC), Values (Motivators) and Acumen (Skill/Potential)
- Certified 360 Feedback Provider – Performance Dimensions International, LLC
- Member of International Coaching Federation (ICF)