Board of advisors and Intern’s wanted
for Inspirational YOU and our new Inspire YOUth Academy
If you are interested in joining a board or gaining further experience, then please apply.
Description of Roles
The chair will also ensure that we our strategy into action and ensure all teams are delivery to their part of the strategy.
• The chair will ensure IY is operating in a lean and sustainable way, without compromising on quality and building on successes.
Head of Communication’s
• Responding and communicating with the media and handling PR requests.
• Overseeing all forms of communication that goes out from IY.
• Checks and produces all newsletters, press releases, tweets, sms and anything other communication sent out to the externally.
• Manage our mailing lists and ensure our databases are up to date. Marketing: We need someone who is driven, ambitious and bursting with ideas.
Essential skill sets:
• Good organisational skills • Excellent written and verbal communication
• Are a strong team player • Can work under pressure to tight deadlines Job description
• Organising market research • Writing press releases
• Arranging promotional events • Assessing the results of a marketing campaign
• Assisting the manager in writing reports and analysing data
• Helping to drive online traffic with web-related campaigns
• Writing online content • Communicating with clients
• Coming up with PR strategies
• Building relationships with the media
• Writing press releases and calling around whenever you’re trying to generate publicity
• Writing reports on media coverage data
• Overseeing content production (adverts, videos, social media and online PR stunts)
• Arranging press conferences and events • Overseeing market research
• Bringing in new business opportunities • Managing client relationships
• Overseeing social media PR strategies Community and Partnerships
• This department will network; attend meetings, conferences and seminars to meet likeminded organisations that we can partner with to deliver our aims.
• To secure mutually beneficial partnerships with corporates, schools, colleges and universities.
• To be the face of IY and project a positive message of IY to get all forms of buy in and support.
• Securing support and sponsorship from local businesses via CSR, community or diversity.
• Managing IY on all social platforms, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media platforms.
• This department will need to be proactive in raising our profile, responding to requests and promoting our activities online.
• Connecting and contacting potential speakers, sponsors and partners.
Head of Events and Events Assistant
• Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal right up to delivery.
• Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations.
• Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project
• Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships
• Managing supplier relationships
• Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently
• Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to your team
• Travelling to on site inspections and project managing events
• Being responsible for all project budgets from start to finish.
• Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery
• The management of all monthly, quarterly and/or annual events.
• Securing and liaising with speakers, the venue, the paperwork for the day, knowing were parking is and having a presence on the days of the events.
• Do health and safety assessments.
• Source partners and venues for our workshops and talks.
Key skills 1. Good communicator 2. Ability to lead and motivate a team 3. Good with budgets 4. Reliable/good at hitting deadlines 5. Ability to use initiative
Head of Strategy:
• The strategy behind the organisation; what IY is going to be, how we are positioned in the outside world.
• The intrinsic planning where IY will be in the next 1 – 5 years.
• To ensure IY is strategically position to be the best in its field and constantly at the forefront. Sponsorship or fundraising (Board Advisor):
• Getting the money in through grants, large corporate sponsors, funding bodies, donations, raising revenue from talks and the services IY provide.
Volunteer coordinator (Board Advisor):
• Liaising with community groups, voluntary councils and businesses who encourage their staff to volunteer.
• Listing volunteer opportunities in the press and similar blogs and websites.
• Registering and attending voluntary sector meetings.
• Manage and look after the volunteers at each event.
• Work alongside the events coordinator to provide inductions, references, mentoring and expenses among other managerial things.
• This department will also ensure all volunteers leave IY feeling empowered, inspired and achieving a positive learning outcome.
• Manage our budgets
• Keep up to date with funding strands and potentials sponsors
• Make payments
• Monitor funding and income
• Ensure accounts are up to date, audited and
• Manage petty cash Membership:
• To ensure members are satisfied and all services around membership are up to date
• If an error occurs it is rectified promptly
• To answer all questions around membership and get more people to become members
• To increase our mailing list Products and Merchandise:
• To create and sell IY products to promote our services and generate an income for the organisation.