supported by Dawn Butler MP
Leadership, progression and succeeding at the top – masterclass
Raising the bar
House of Commons
Tuesday 28th February 2017 – 6.30pm-8.30pm
Doors 6pm (Please note – prompt start)
Raising the bar: Inspiring Balance is a celebration of empowering leadership and success at the top
The panel will focus on the issues affecting the career paths of those entering competitive professions, maintaining their careers, business, well-being and striking a balance.
The event is open to all: under- and post-graduates, newly qualified and established professionals. Inspirational YOU provides you with a fantastic opportunity to meet established and respected leaders, to network and gain tips, which may well give you the competitive edge.
Introduced by Dawn Butler MP
Dawn Butler MP, Labour MP for Brent Central
Peter Akwaboah, MD – Morgan Stanley
Sandra Federighi, CFO – Stella McCartney
Tom Ilube, CEO – Crossword Security and No. 1 in the Powerlist 2017
Karen Blackett OBE, Chair and former CEO of Mediacom, NED and listed in the Powerlist 2017
Chi Chi Nwanoku MBE, Double Bassist, Artistic director, Prof. Royal Academy of Music, Broadcaster & Writer
- Are we breaking the glass ceiling?
- Visibility – the importance of standing up and being counted.
- How do we get more black and asian professionals into senior positions?
- Status of women and black professionals in competitive industries?
- How to balance your career, personal life and well-being?
- Portfolio careers – joining boards and progressing via external opportunities
6.00 – 6.30 Guests seated for discussion
6.30 – Welcome, introduction
6.40 – 8.00 Panel discussion
8.00 – 8.30 Q&A
8.30 – 8.45 Close and depart
- Access to the House of Commons is via Cromwell Green Visitors Entrance on St.Margaret Street
- Please allow 30-45 minutes for airport-type security to enter the House of Commons
- The event will take place in Committee Room 14
- Please note that no food or drink is allowed in any of the Committee Rooms although delegates may take in bottled water
- Please let us know of any special requirements, including any assisted access needs to the House of Commons
E: info (at) inspirationalyou.co.uk
T: 07545 156 111