PR, Marketing and Communications masterclass
Wednesday 20th Feb 2013
Room 414 (4th floor)
This evening master class features inspirational industry professionals who have over 20 years experience of developing and profiling the most celebrated names in the entertainment, business and travel industry.
Our speakers have worked with the BBC, Radio 1, Alicia Keys, Sony Music, MTV, Beyonce, Adidas, Barbados Tourism, UK Premiership clubs and many international publications.
- Do you run a business or study PR and marketing?
- Do you want to raise your profile, but need to refresh your skills and build up your contacts to get ahead?
- Do you run your own business and want to push your brand out to a larger market?
- Do you know the latest trends in social media and how to utilise them?
- Do you have big PR dreams, but a limited budget?
“The marketing department of today is tomorrow’s social media newsroom” – PR Week
Karen Tippett | Founder of Tippett PR
Karen has over 20 years experience in PR spanning agencies both in the UK and in Paris. Beginning as a graduate at an agency in Paris on a journey that took her to the position of Head Of PR at Virgin Holidays, she opened her own consultancy business in 2010.
Daren Dixon | International Talent and Brand Partnerships Executive
Daren Dixon is a highly experienced and connected international executive who has worked in the fields of A&R, talent management and marketing for the top entertainment companies in the world.
Daren most notably discovered and signed globally successful alternative band Kasabian to RCA Records. He then further enhanced his growing reputation as a leading international talent executive by working closely with some of the worlds leading talent such as Beyonce, Miguel, Selena Gomez, Belen Rodriguez, Kelly Rowland, Solange Knowles, Keri Hilson and Jennifer Lopez.
Latoya Kessie | Sports PR & Marketing Specialist / Fashion blogger
Latoya currently works at a sports marketing firm. Although her main function is in events, Latoya will explain how events and maintaining client relationships is critical for Public Relations in the sport industry. She mainly works with brands sponsorship programmes including Ford’s UEFA Champions League Sponsorship and has done some work with Infiniti Red Bull Racing – whom after two season’s of sponsoring the Formula One Team are now the official Vehicle Performance Partner of the team.
Anne-Marie Batson | PR & Corporate Communications practitioner
Anne-Marie is a Communications Manager in the transport sector, Anne-Marie has over six years experience working in-house communications at Network Rail.
She works in one of the UK’s most scrutinised organisations, delivering campaigns that integrate media, stakeholder relations, public affairs and digital communications.
Hugh Thomas | UK Brand Manager Vita Coco
5.45pm – 6.15pm: Doors and networking
6.15pm – 7.15pm: Discussion
- It is time to raise your profile and learn the secrets of mass media coverage?
- Learn how to successfully run a PR and marketing business.
- Understand the do’s and don’ts of PR, Communications and Marketing.
- Develop your awareness of social media and how to utilise it for your brand.
7.15pm – 8.00pm: Part 2 (Interactive discussion and Q&A)
- Each speaker will give you industry insights.
- Discuss the latest trends in their industries.
- Learn how to raise your personal or business profile
- Update your skills.
8.00pm – 8.30pm: Networking
Tickets £5.00 – £10.00
Info: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
07545 156 111 | @inspirational_u