Karen Tippett joins the Inspirational YOUth talk on the Entertainment, Media, PR and Hospitality industry at the TNG Youth Space in Sydenham (Lewisham) on Tuesday 9th June 2015.
Karen has 23 years experience in public relations, including senior agency roles in Paris and the UK. Past clients include Saga Holidays, Toronto Tourism, Cyprus Tourism Organisation, Loire Valley Tourism and Miami CVB. She spent 10 years at travel PR agency First Public Relations Limited, joining as an account manager progressing to Strategy & Business Development Director, before being headhunted by Virgin Holidays. During her 4 years as Head of PR at Virgin Holidays she oversaw internal and external communications, launching the first V-Room at Gatwick, Virgin Holidays Cruises and brand partnership with HIP Hotels.
Karen set up TippettPR Limited in 2010 to offer a “blended to order” service to clients needing senior level attention, solid basics, social, crisis management and fresh campaign creative. She currently represents Elite Island Resorts Caribbean, Hairstylist Errol Douglas MBE and Swiss Sun Protection brand Ultrasun.
She won CIPR Excellence “Outstanding Freelance Practitioner” and Home Counties South PRide “Outstanding Freelance Practitioner” 2013 & 2014. Karen business mentors at the CIPR. Recent campaigns for clients have included:
- The Caribbean’s first Silent disco and cinema programme curated by De La Soul’s Maseo
- The first overseas “Olympic Sea Pool” swim workshop with Becky Adlington
- X Factor “Judges Homes” 2013 & 2014 locations for two resorts
- The first travel blogger Island Hopathon
- The Caribbean’s First “Sleep School”
- “Project Bell Boy” – a style and travel partnership: Errol Douglas MBE and Thompson Hotels
Outside of business, Karen has mentored with Kids Company for the last two and half years.
Book your ticket: http://www.inspiringlewisham.eventbrite.co.uk