supported by Heidi Alexander MP and Vicky Foxcroft MP
International Women’s Month Masterclass for teenage girls
Women at the Top: Letter to my 15 year old self
House of Commons
Thursday 15th March 2018
Women at the Top: Letter to my 15 year old self is a celebration of female leadership and success
The panel will focus on the career paths of women in competitive professions, climbing the ladder, succeeding in business, managing their well-being and helping others.
The event is for year 9 – 11 girls only: This is fantastic opportunity to meet established and respected leaders, to network and gain tips, which may well give you the competitive edge.
Introduced by Heidi Alexander MP, the former Shadow Secretary of State for Health and the Labour Member of Parliament for Lewisham East. She has been an Opposition Whip since 2012.
- Heidi Alexander MP – Labour MP for Lewisham East
- Perri Shakes-Drayton – Olympic Athlete
- Georgina Rowley – Partner, DAC Beachcroft LLP
- Keri Perkins – Global Head of PR at Nando’s
- Jacky Wright – CIO – HMRC (formerly SVP at Microsoft & BP)
- Nia Pettit – YouTuber, Student & Speaker (500k followers)
Moderator: Sonia Meggie, Founder of Inspirational YOU
- What they thought about at 15
- Visibility – why it is important for women to stand up and be counted
- How do we get more women into senior positions?
- What is it like in your industry?
- How do they balance their career, personal life and well-being?
- The importance of having a mentor and sponsor in your career
- Read their letter to their 15 year old self