Inspirational YOU, Father2Father & Young Mums Support Network
Mums & Dads Engaging (MADE)
Self care series
Saturday 14th April 2018
2.00pm – 8.00pm
The Village Centre, Willington Road, London, SW9 9NW
Join us as part of our relationship and self care series of discussion in conjunction with Ace of Jacks Radio, we are unedited and Motherhood Reconstructed.
2.30pm – 4.00pm: Co-Parenting – blended families, sharing & healing
Hosted by Fiona Smalls (Founder of Young Mums Support Group) &
Bernard P. Achampong (Radio Producer and Founder of Weareunedited)
- Leah Samuel – Co Founder of Motherhood Reconstructed
- David Mullins – Founder of Father figure for children & Family services
- Kevin Brazant – Founder of Daddy CPR
- Priscilla Appeaning – Founder of The Step Mums Club
Join us in an open and friendly environment to talk about your experiences and empower yourself.
- Modern day families
- The ingredients of a successful marriage, separation and relationship
- Happiness and healthy communication
- Managing your wellbeing
Relationships can reduce stress and have been linked to overall improved health. Researchers have even shown that people with healthy social relationships have a 50 percent greater likelihood of survival.
But relationships are challenging – sometimes exhausting at best. People with poor relationships are more likely to suffer from depression, and loneliness is powerful enough to weaken our immune system.
4.30pm – 6.00pm: Empowered YOUth – Collective solutions and resolutions
A youth led discussion that will focus on the issues faced by young people in the UK at present. They will also share examples of positive projects and programmes that they support.
Hosted by Ace of Jacks
- Kenneth Oyenusi – Youth Advocate
- More TBC
6.30pm – 8.00pm: Bend so you don’t break – Mental health & wellbeing
Hosted by Nicola Taylor-Brown, Mental Health & Wellbeing Specialist
- LB Brown @AlkanliveLB – Wellbeing Specialist
- Eche Egbuonu – Author, Artist & Mental Health Advocate
- Dr Julia Pearson – Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Karen Allen – Author, professional speaker & entrepreneur
- Courtney Brown – Founder of Father 2 Father
Wellbeing and mental health is a concern for everyone, regardless of race, status, class, and power.
There are many positive steps being taking by businesses and local communities to break down the stigma and silence around mental health, but more needs to be done.
A huge part of breaking down the silence around mental health, making people feel comfortable sharing their experiences, and providing mental health care, is making sure mental health is seen as equally important to physical health. We need action from big brands, the government and people with influence to provide and advocate for mental health care.
But we also need a change in thinking on an individual level. We need to start valuing our own mental health as equally important as our physical health. That starts with the way we treat it.
Info: 07772 527 813 / 07545 156 111